Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Hawk, and other things

No excuses for the update drought, just life.

Registration for the Hawk Marathon / 50 mile / 100 mile is open. Visit the race page on the Trail Hawks site for more info.  I'm co-RD with Coleen Shaw-Voeks.  She ran the race (and finished) last year.  I RD'd last year.  We've tweaked the course a bit to make it four loops instead of five.  To say I'm excited about the race this year is a bit of an understatement.

I've got some other stuff planned for the spring, summer and fall.

This spring will, of course, include Brew to Brew.  This will be my 5th year running - halfway to my 10 consecutive solo finishes goal.  I'll also be doing some pacing, including Hospital Hill, which I'm pretty stoked about.

My summer revolves around taking (and getting a good score on) USMLE Step 1, as well as heading back out to Western States to crew and pace for Brian Brooks.  I think Greg talked him into having me do miles 80-100 with him as payback for the torture I put Greg thru.  No worries, I'll just repeat "almost to the top" over and over.  I also get to feel semi-official and do Safety Patrol from the start to Robinson Flat.  That's 30 miles of helping out runners on-course.  Gawd I can't wait.

Besides The Hawk late summer/early fall is going to include me running the Heartland 100 (finally) and the Headlands 100.  (Apparently I have a thing for races that start with 'Hea'.)  Gary Henry is going to head out to Headlands as well for what promises to be a STINKING BEAUTIFUL four loop tour of the Marin Headlands just north of San Francisco.

In the non-running world, I have to start my PhD, or something like that.  I dunno, I don't really pay attention to that stuff.

No comments: