Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dirty Duo

Ran the Dirty Duo at Shawnee Mission Park last Saturday. I ran with a buddy of mine's dad. My buddy Jeremiah and his brother Josh ran it as a team - they won. Go figure.

It's a pretty fun race, you alternate between running and riding in one mile legs. There's an obstacle after each leg that you have to complete. Some were lame, some were really fun. The worst was the potato sack hop. I had to do that one before a running leg, man, that sucked.

The last mile of the race wasn't even close to a mile, it might have been 1/4 a mile. That kind of pissed me off. Whatever. We ended up taking fifth place overall, not too shabby. We won our age group handily, by 19 minutes. Woot!

Oh, and there's the mud pit. That was actually pretty fun. 25 feet of pure mud and you had to crawl through all of it. I felt like a kid again, it was great.

I do have to complain about the lack of decent food at the race (only had one thing of water and one of Gatorade for post-race re-hydration for about 300 people). Also, the food was terrible. They had bananas and oranges, which is fine, but then they bought these cheap cookies. Gross. Lastly, yeah, I'll stop bitching in a sec, they advertised a post-race party with beer. There was no beer there. Boo.

No comments: