Thursday, April 17, 2008

On Injury

It's been almost two weeks (11 days, actually) since Brew to Brew and I'm still on the injured reserve. I finally know what an IT-band injury feels like. I don't like it at all.

I ran a mile tonight on the treadmill at the gym, it went ok, not great, just ok. My leg needs some more time. I can't risk hurting it since I've got a trip up to La Grange, WI planned for the first weekend in June for Kettle Moraine - going to give the 100K a whack.

This means I have to force myself to cross-train. This is a first for me. I've never actually been injured in a sport bad enough to have to take some time off from it. Heck, I once got kicked in the face with a hockey skate, scored 32 stitches from a plastic surgeon that night, and was back on the ice (with a facemask) the next night.

My options, as far as I see it, are two: swim or bike. I'm not the world's best swimmer. I can sidestroke all day, but I don't know if that counts. My road bike has yet to see pavement in 2008. I think I'm going to take it down to the airport tomorrow, weather permitting, and see how a few laps feel.

If I could get my lazy butt out of bed in the mornings I think it would be a super idea to hit the pool in the mornings.

No comments: